Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Inline skates, I want a pair of inline skates or roller skates that I can use on asphault.?

I have a pair of inline skates but the road is too rough to use them. Are there wheels I can put on my skates or skates that I can use on the road? I want to take my dogs, so I need to be safe.

Inline skates, I want a pair of inline skates or roller skates that I can use on asphault.?
When skating rougher terrain, it is best to use the largest wheels that your in-line skates can take, and the softer, the better.





Look at the wheels on your in-line skates. There should be 2 numbers; the size in millimeters (ie: 78mm), and the durometer, which is the hardness (ie: 78A). If the wheels are the original wheels that the skates came with, the size is probably the largest size that it can use. However, if you have been using the original wheels and you%26#039;ve had the skates for awhile, they just may be too worn. One clue that it%26#039;s worn is if there are large gaps between the wheels. Just replacing the wheels with newer ones will make a world of a difference! Now, the hardness. The smaller the number, which is followed by an %26#039;A%26#039;, the softer the urethane. The softer the urethane, the grip is better, and will absorb the shock a lot more. I would not recommend using wheels harder than an 82A on asphalt. If you can get something as soft as a 76A, that would be much better! The harder wheels, like 85A%26#039;s are better on smoother terrain, such as a wooden floor, for racing.





Hope that helps. Happy Rolling! (^_^)
Reply:The post above me is way off. For outdoor use you need HARD wheels. Soft inline wheels are for sport court and other indoor hockey surfaces.





If you use soft wheels outdoors, they will wear out very quickly. And I mean in an hour or so. And since soft wheels are more expensive than hard ones, you%26#039;d be wasting a lot of money.





I always buy Labeda wheels for hockey, and I know that they make a hard, outdoor wheel called the Labeda Asphalt. I think a set of 8 should run you about $40.





Just make sure you get the right size. Just match whatever wheel size is currently on your skates.



Nike

No comments:

Post a Comment